Update
Hey Team, as per Des' email this morning, I thought it'd be cool to collaborate all the fundraising ideas into the one post so that we can see so far what we've got, so straight from the emails in the last week that have been bouncing around in our inboxes:
27/7/07
I thought of another fundraising activity: we could shave someone's head!
Any volunteers? :P I'll have a think about it...
~Vivian
Wongo:
Er... Maybe...
But you might want to keep your hair in the cold weather? My experience of baldness is that it can be very chilly.
Clem replied with:
LOL I haven't been bald since I was a baby, so I wouldn't know but something tells me that I would concur with Wongo, so I will politely decline to volunteer thanks! =)
Maybe one of the Taiwan guys will volunteer, since it won't be as cold over there! Now there's an idea!!! =)
Viv:
Yes, true, but you would do it at least a month before leaving to give it some time to grow back, and you don't have to go completely bald, just short...Anyway, just an idea, we can use it as a last resort :)
Cerise:
Maybe instead of shaving someone's head we can colour someone's hair. You can wash hair spray out.
Other ideas:
- Silicone wristbands: like the make poverty history ones
- Jeans day: everyone who wears jeans to church on a special Sunday is encouraged to donate a gold coin
- Carwash: this actually raises a lot of money. We did it one time for HP fundraising and we raised $1000+
- Father's Day gift wrapping or cards
- Button badges
- T-shirts: Margreta screen prints
- Eat like a Kyrgyz dinner! - have found some Kyrgyz recipes on the net. Mmmm....plov! :-p
- Pumpkin patch has a fundraising thing. It's a clothing store for little ones. You can hold a fashion parade.
- Mouse mats
- Lanyards
- Mugs
- Prayer magnets
The list is endless!
Des:
Great work from Cerise and Sam!
We are already up to about $2300 – most recently I have been offered $300 to do a medical market research survey!
Please decide the projects as soon as possible, so that we can get started
I would suggest that at the very least, we start selling chocolates, as we can keep that going for the next few months in our workplaces and other networks.
Then add whatever other projects.
Matt, do you think you could sell some of the stuff I gave you for eBay for the team?
Plenty of work for you to do – as I had warned you! Keep in contact, and keep writing your thoughts down in the journal!
In Christ,
Des


1 Comments:
Has anyone made a move on the chocolates yet? If not, I could call them and start ordering them tomorrow so that we can start selling ASAP.
Can someone email me and let me know whether they want me to make a move please? Ta.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home