Almost home...
Hello!
I just noticed it's been quite some time since the last update. So I might as well do the honours. Unfortunately I have no photos to show you...
Right now I'm sitting in an internet cafe in in Kuala Lumpur, while the rest of the team is enjoying themselves watching 'I Am Legend' at the nearby IMax theatre. We are indeed getting busy with the R&R part of this trip!
The last days in the the capital city in CAR went by very quickly. Everyday was spent doing something different, and the team has had hardly any time (until now) to relax and recuperate. I think for many the highlight would have been the dinners we had with some long term partners there - each sharing their own story about how they ended up where they are. It was also very insightful to hear about what exactly they are up to - taking on holistic point of view in whatever they do. (Please do ask us about this when you see us next!)
It would be impossible to mention everything that happened for the rest of our stay, but some of the 'exciting' highlights include homestays, weddings, getting stopped by police, headless cows, horses & sheep, dental surgery, really good food, really bad food, working with homeless people, singing Vron's music medley six times in one weekend, mucking around in the snow on the side of a highway, fake Russian accents, lovesongs for the single women on our team from local boys, amorous university students... all documented with a million photos. Actually, I'm exagerrating a little - we only took about five thousand photos.
So far Vivian's flu managed to get passed around to almost everyone on the trip. Almost everyone - Matt somehow managed to remain immune, and is still currently flu-free despite our best attempts to cough and sneeze on him. However, he managed to pickup the one thing we were really worried about - food poisoning. Ironically, he didn't pick it up from Central Asia - he got it here in Malaysia instead!
Anyway, my time is up here. We'll all be flying home tommorrow night, and be home in the 24th in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 25th!
In all things, remember to give thanks!


1 Comments:
cool. sharing is caring...
so flu-chan was the unofficial eleventh member of team.
team from QLD just left hokkaido the other day. heaps thankful for their help amongst the students on campus. looking forward to swapping stories in January.
love heaps in Him,
kid a
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home